Early in September 2011, Marina Bay Sands embarked on an ambitious production in collaboration with The Biography Channel to showcase to the world our magnificent property and the people behind it.
A production team followed various Team Members throughout the whole property as they performed their daily duties. After months of filming and documenting, the show is ready to be shared with millions of viewers of the Bio Channel in Asia!
Premiered on Thursday, 31 May 2012 at 9:30 p.m., Marina Bay Sands 24/7 is an eight episode series which gives viewers an unprecedented and exclusive look into our “Heart-of-House” where 9,000 Team Members move about unnoticed to guests. Viewers will get to see the inner workings of the iconic integrated resort through some of the key characters who strive for perfection on a daily basis.
I am privileged to know every one of these fantastic Team Members individually and I hope you will get the chance to watch the people that make Marina Bay Sands tick. Here are some team members on Marina Bay Sands 24/7.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper – Wardrobe, Helen Tan oversees the 24/7 Uniform Room, which stores 100,000 garments including uniforms, scarves, a prons and ties.
Jeremy Ng, Senior Manager, Visual Media helped setup the company’s Visual Media department. He first developed a relationship with Marina Bay Sands before its opening as a vendor providing video and photography services
Associate Director of Banquet Operations, Ivo Stecha, a Prague native sent his job application from the Czech Republic after seeing an artist impression of Marina Bay Sands.
Senior Event Manager, Charlie Fisher who hails from England and moved to Singapore two years ago to join the events team at Marina Bay Sands.
Marina Bay Sands Executive Chef, Christopher Christie (left) with Executive Producer from The Bio Channel, Chris Humphrey.
- Marina Bay Sands’ 2,561-room hotel is the largest hotel in Singapore, the 6th largest in Asia and the 34th largest in the world.
- The Sands SkyPark is home to the world’s largest elevated swimming pool, which holds 376,000 gallons of water – that’s almost one and a half million liters! If you drink one gallon a day (twice the required 64 ounces daily) from birth and lived to the ripe old age of 100, it would take you ten lifetimes to finish the entire pool.
- Marina Bay Sands uses approximately 36,000 key cards a month. Lining them up will be as long as 306 km or 190 miles – the distance of more than 7 full marathons.
- Nearly 23,000 candidates were screened by the Recruitment Center in 2011 (January – October). That is over 500 applicants a week. Currently, Marina Bay Sands employs over 9,000 Team Members.
- The Wardrobe department has gone through 500 different uniform designs since opening